Finding great shopping deals doesn’t always mean waiting until Black Friday. We’ve put together a short list of products that you can often find cheaper if you wait to buy in the final months of the year. Happy Autumn shopping, everyone!
Stores are gearing up for the holiday rush and looking to free up floor and warehouse space.
- Once the back to school frenzy has ended, you can usually find deals on apparel that stores are in a rush to get rid of, like jeans and children’s clothing.
- You’ll also find good bargains on products you’d only typically use in the Summer months. Barbeques, swimwear, and even some cruises, can all be found at nice discounts.
- Living in or visiting NYC? October is also the best time of year to buy tickets to a Broadway show. The month typically a slow on for the Great White Way, so make sure you take advantage of the deals.
- If you’re in the market for a new car, this might be the time to purchase. Since new models typically come out in September, many dealerships are looking to move older models off the lot to make room for the new ones.
November is the ‘official’ start of the holiday shopping season, but you don’t have to wait until the end of the month to start finding good deals.
- Many retailers will start to put seasonal apparel on sale in November, usually in the days leading up to Black Friday.
- Believe it or not, this is the best time of year to buy a wedding dress! Demand tends to be low in the winter, as people are concentrating more on the upcoming holidays. So, if you are planning a wedding, November is the time to look for that perfect dress.
- Planning a big holiday feast? This is the month to buy the cookware you’ll need as retailers tend to mark a wide variety of kitchen items down in the run up to December.
It has arrived, the biggest shopping month of the year!
- Golf clubs are cheaper in the winter, so if you are looking forward to hitting the green in a few months, start shopping now.
- You might think the best time to get a good deal on TVs and other electronics would be Black Friday, but that’s not always the case. Many stores will keep the discounts going through December. Shop around and compare.
- Looking for a new set of tools? December is a traditionally slow month for buying new tool sets, so be sure to check out those big box home improvement stores to see what they are offering.